Monday, June 6, 2011

After 5 1/2 years Rice Chex Treats---oh, yum!

Yesterday Bethany (my 14 year old who is also on a GF diet) and I went to the store. On a random whim we decided to make some Rice Krispy Treats. Except anyone on a GF diet knows (as my friend Kim just commented) that they sneak barley in to most cereals. You find something that is RICE based & think it would be safe, then you see on the label, "Malt" or "malt extract" or something with the M word in it. M= Gluten. Yuck. Well, since General Mills has started making Rice CHEX GLUTEN FREE, we decided to make some Rice CHEX treats! I crushed up some of the cereal & left some whole. We used a standard recipe for the treats. Oh. My. Word. YUM. I NEED to lose weight desperately, but these were just calling my name. So. Very. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment